Family Practice and Walk-In
One Care Medical and Children’s Clinic offers both Family Practice and Walk in medical care. The walk in clinic is open seven days a week with a variety of male and female physicians providing urgent and non-urgent care to individuals to families. For serious illness or injuries it is recomended that you go directly to the nearest emergency department.
The clinic has both male and female physicians accepting patients in family practice. All patients are asked to check with the front desk as periodically the each family physician will stop taking patients and subsequently re open. The family physicians offer care during the week, evenings and weekends so check their schedules to see when your doctor is working.
Family medicine physicians at One Care Medical and Children’s Clinic provide ongoing primary care and comprehensive medical evaluations for patients of all ages who live in the GTA, Scarborough and Markham. People turn to Family Medicine for a wide range of medical, health and wellness concerns, for example, cuts, sprains, broken bones, short-term illness, annual health evaluations, diabetes, high blood pressure and preventive care.
Other common diagnostic and medical procedures performed in the Family Medicine specialty include:
- Allergy injections
- Biopsy and excision of skin lesion
- Flu shots and immunizations
- Incision and drainage of abscesses
- Intrauterine device (IUD) placement and removal
- Joint injections
- Lab services
- Newborn and well-child care
- Obstetrics, including prenatal carePhysical exams for sports, school and summer camp
- Women’s health services, including breast exams, mammography, Pap smears and pelvic exams
- WSIB Claims